Oil Lamp_Horong 641
Horong is a Korean traditional oil lamp used to produce light using an oil-
based fuel source before the use of candles and electric lights.
It was definitely important on daily life in the past by
lightening the space and keeping people safe from darkness.
This is the first point where my inspiration and imagination have emerged.
Material : Ceramic / Clay Developed in THR STUDIO
Method : Wheel Throwing, Sculpt, Pierced decoration
Kiln Temperature : 2,231℉, Oxidation Firing, Glaze / 1,472℉, Gold
- Size : 90×100×95mm, 280g
*How to best use/care for the oil lamps
1. Choose the proper fuel - paraffin oil
2. Maintain proper levels- 4/3full
3. Get the wick wet before you light a lamp
4. Make the oil wick as short as possible. The extended wick can cause smoke and soot.
If you see smoke or soot, lower the wick until it stops.
5 . Be careful not to spill the oil container.
6. Take care during refueling
7. Protect children and pets